Saturday 15 April 2023

My Birthday!

My Birthday!

I may now be of a "certain age," but don't let anyone kid you that I am not fussed about celebrating my birthday! 

I had a lovely day - it was quiet, but with the promise of a further celebration over the weekend of 8/9/10 April, with Wendy's 50th birthday on Monday, 10 April.

Sydney, one of the young ladies who looked after Mum so beautifully, came round in the afternoon, bringing her two children with her - her little boy, who was born on my birthday, 28 March, is now 2, and her baby daughter is coming up for her first birthday in May.

It was such a treat to see them all, and Sydney presented me with a beautiful birthday bouquet - they are so very kind and thoughtful, and I am delighted we have kept up our friendship and contact with the whole family.

 

Sydney and family's bouquet
 
There was another delivery of flowers from Michael and Kathy, two dear friends who live not so far away from us. When we lived in Portsmouth, back in the early 1970s, I used to work with Michael's Mum, Peggy, so I have known Michael since he was a little boy; later on, when he had grown up into a very responsible and charming teenager, he used to come around and baby sit Wendy, whenever Bob and I had to attend Royal Naval functions. 

Michael was so sensible, and - just as an aside - a great amateur magician, so Wendy was always thrilled to see him, and be entertained whilst we were out. They were happy days.  

Michael and Kathy's bouquet included a beautiful protea flower, a nod to the time when I lived in South Africa; I had phone calls from Al and Dani and Wendy, and emails from friends all over the world. With wonderful presents and cards, from all my loved ones, I had a wonderful day!

Birthday flowers from Michael and Kathy

Tuesday, 28th March

Don't ask why I have a Christmas tree with the lights still on, coming out of the top of my head ... Heigh ho. We aren't fussed about timings and putting pretty decorations away on twelfth night - we just carry on enjoying them! 
 
Wendy is coming over on 9 April, ready to spend a somewhat longer celebration of her big Five-Oh birthday with us, so expect more photos and more descriptions about what we got up to!


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment