Wednesday 19 April 2023

An Easter Lunch and My Birthday (Part 2)

An Easter Lunch and My Birthday (Part 2)

We are firm fans of the Beefeater Restaurants, and there is a really good one, attached to a Premier Hotel near us, called The Liberty Bell.  On Easter Sunday, Wendy came over for a lovely lunch; we hadn't been there for a while, so it was a real treat.


Wendy had also brought over all the necessary items to decorate a birthday cake for me; because of her work commitments, she hadn't been to do this on my actual birthday, but I am now of such a grand age, I am not too fussed if such celebrations take place a little after the event! 

We are not keen on fruit cakes, so she always buys a Madeira cake, with plain white icing; Wendy adds her own writing, candles and decorations. In view of all the fire hazards and indoor sparklers I thought she might be adding, I told her I had warned the fire brigade to be on stand-by! But she told me not to worry; she was not going to go over the top - and the end result was beautiful. 




The candles were lit, and Wendy carried the cake into the lounge, singing "Happy Birthday to you." I was so delighted she had gone to all that trouble, but she wanted to make sure I hadn't missed out on the treat of a cake!

Where is the ceremonial sword for cutting the first slice?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment