Friday 15 October 2021

My Thoughts Turn To Christmas

My Thoughts Turn To Christmas

"What!" I hear people exclaim, "we're only just in the first week or so of October, and you're talking about Christmas?!"

Well, yes. The days fly so fast, and although it's been only about three weeks since the autumn equinox, before we know it, we will be celebrating Christmas again; and I do love the Festive Season! 

So I have got myself organised even earlier this year, with my 2021 Christmas card list all written out, and presents ordered from Fortnum and Mason, to be sent off to dear friends and loved ones.

This year, with so many people having been vaccinated against the dreaded virus, there is hope in the air that things are improving; we are still being careful, and wearing masks in public, but with most folk now at least double-vaccinated, and more having had their booster inoculation as well, perhaps it is time to relax a little and allow ourselves to be joyful.

Most of the major London stores have already unveiled their Christmas windows - I love the imaginative displays and decorations so many of them produce, some themed to a specific "story," whilst others just rejoice in all the excitement and anticipation of happy times to come - and I am having a great time, wrapping up all the gifts.

This year, we also hope to be able to drive to visit friends and relations; it will be so wonderful to see them again, after nearly two years of having just phone calls and letters to keep in touch. I write enough letters anyway to keep the Post Office going single-handedly, but having that personal contact again will be wonderful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment