Thursday 28 October 2021

Evensong (3)

Evensong (3)

We had also been invited to attend Evensong at St George's Chapel; this began at 5.15, so presently we made our way back to the Chapel to find a pew. What an inspiring service it was; the congregation did not sing, but the choir was in magnificent voice, and it was such a moving and inspirational ending to a beautiful day. 


On the way to St George's Chapel

And we were very blessed with the weather: for an October day, it could have been pouring with rain, or "blowing a hooligan!" which would definitely have put a damper on the proceedings, but we had sunshine, with a little wind or a gentle breeze. 

Finally, we said goodbye to all the lovely people we had met, and returned to the car. All this excitement had made us ready for some dinner, and as I knew I wouldn't be very inclined to make anything when we got home, Wendy discovered a Beefeater restaurant in Bracknell, and we headed off there. That was also a good choice, and it was great to have the chance to relax, and talk about the day we'd had. We ordered pots of tea all round, and with  a good evening meal inside us, we set off for home at about 9.00  p.m.   

We had met such interesting people, exchanging ideas and experiences, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves; and how did I get on after all this walking, climbing, and non-stop concentration? 

Well: I was pretty tired - but so were we all - and I had muscles I had forgotten I possessed, protesting at the heavy demands I had made on them: All those hills, stairs and slopes (have I mentioned them earlier in this piece? Yup!) had provided the biggest work-out I have had for a very long time, but I came through it all. 

We have a couple of other days out planned - more about those later - but in the meantime, I felt really pleased with the way I had coped with everything.






No comments:

Post a Comment