Wednesday 24 March 2021

Remembering 23 March 2020

Remembering 23 March, 2020

It doesn't seem like a year ago since Mum died; so much - and yet, so little - has happened, what with "normal" life being put on hold with the virus necessitating lockdowns, and curtailment of all our usual activities. 

I am just so grateful that the situation eased in September last year, so that we were able to hold Mum's funeral in the way that she - and we - wanted it to be, a gentle celebration of her life and all that she had achieved. 

It's strange, too, because when I go into her old bedroom, I sometimes think she is still there; in my head, I know she isn't, but I feel she is still around us, and all our memories are there; the piano where I used to play all the old favourite songs and Mum would join in with great gusto - sometimes getting the words a bit mixed up, but always able to hit the higher notes better than I could!

So, in 2021, another milestone has been reached, and passed. I'm sure I will always feel she is still with us; I feel my Grandma's presence, too, and hear her wise words in my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment