Tuesday 4 August 2020

I Took A Step Back

I Took A Step Back

Reading through some of my more recent posts, and all the problems with Uncle John, I realised it had been getting to the stage where I was becoming repetitious, as well as having a bit of a rant. This was not good! so I thought the best way forward was to take a step back and give it all a rest for a week or three (or four). 

In the meantime, I've been doing lots of other creative things; writing poetry, meeting deadlines for submissions, and getting out Mum's old watercolour paints and coloured pencils to produce art work to go with some of my poems. That was an experience in itself! I haven't done any drawing or painting for 50-plus years! so thanks go to MsLexia for inspiring me to get paints and brushes out again.

Not writing for a while also gave me a chance to marshal my thoughts on "The Australian Situation," and come to terms with the things I cannot change for Uncle John. This does not mean I have given up on him! I am still trying to find some way/someone who will be able to visit him, and still hope to get some resolution from the Tribunal with QCAT.

Even if he can't hear anymore, I believe there will still be some part of his mind in there somewhere, that will know and appreciate there is a kind person beside him, ready to hold his hand and pass on the message that we all love him. 

And if I can't manage to find someone who can see Uncle John? My prayer is that he will carry in his mind, memories of the lovely times we spent together, the places we went to and the people we met. Perhaps he will be able to escape mentally into a peaceful haven, surrounded by those of us who love him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment