Sunday 23 February 2020

Mum Has A Good Night

Mum Has A Good Night

I go in to see Mum a couple of times before I go up to bed myself; usually she is fast asleep, and I just make sure she is still covered up and comfy, and whisper a quiet "Good night, God bless."

Last week, I went in at 1.00 a.m. - Mum was still awake.

"Are you o.k?" I asked.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine," she said. Then she added, "What do you think of the idea if we could all live together?"

I said, "I think that would be a great idea!"

"So do I," agreed Mum.

"We can talk about it in the morning," I said.

"Yes, let's talk about it in the morning."

Now, this may not seem like much, but it always lifts my heart to hear Mum like this - even if she hasn't twigged she is really living with us already, it's wonderful when she is so positive and responsive!

I carried on working for another hour, playing catch up on bits and bobs that I wanted to get finished; finally I was also ready for bed, so I looked in on Mum again.

She was still semi-awake; I said, "Night-night!"

"Night-night," Mum replied.

"Are you happy?" I asked

"I'm very happy!" came back Mum's positive response.

And then she did settle down and slept well; and her good humour carried on in the morning, when the ladies came to get her up and washed and dressed, and she was chatty and co-operative!




No comments:

Post a Comment