Sunday 20 June 2021

The Simple Joy Of Looking Forward To Things...

The Simple Joy Of Looking Forward To Things...

Looking back on some of my posts - both more recent and historical - I realise they haven't all been about worries and apprehension, and there have been some very light-hearted moments, too. 

When Mum was still with us, obviously we couldn't go away with her as we used to before she broke her ankle, and it took a lot of arranging to take her on trips for Tea at the Ritz; but they were something we all looked forward to, enjoyed on the day, and then, after the event, had happy memories to look back on. 

After  Mum's funeral in September 2020, the ordeal that loomed very large on my particular horizon was facing the operation to replace my aortic valve; I knew I had to face up to it, and get through it, but in no way could I say I had been looking forward to it!

It's now 4 months on since my operation, and 2 months since I had the pleural effusion drained, and I am beginning to feel I am really getting back to "me," the person I was pre-op - but a better, healthier and more "rarin' to go!" Alexandra than ever before!

And so I have started to make plans for little trips (government guidance permitting, of course) and treats, and beginning to dare to look forward to them. Nothing dramatic, nothing that involves travel abroad - well, not just yet, anyway - just simple treats, repeating things we've done before; those things that at the moment seem like a lifetime ago!

I have written this before, but I think it's worth repeating: Watch this space!





No comments:

Post a Comment