Tuesday 11 May 2021

Wendy Celebrates Her Birthday

Wendy Celebrates Her Birthday

With all the arrangements having been made leading up my appointment to have the pleural fluid drained on 13 April, Wendy also took me to the hospital for blood tests and swabs to be taken. This last test was on 10 April - also Wendy's special day! and I wanted to make her birthday as good as she had made mine. 

I got up very early on the Saturday morning, so that I could start to decorate her birthday cake and take my time over it - I was so pleased it all went well! I used writing icing for the message and I drew a pussy cat and stars on the top; finally, I added some multi-coloured and "Happy Birthday" candles arranged all round the edge. 

When it came to the time to bring in the cake with the candles aflame, we sang Happy Birthday, and then we also lit a firework candle (Wendy had got a pack of three of these, and I'd already had one on my birthday) which fizzed beautifully. Wendy was also very chuffed with the cat!

The group photo taken on Wendy's special day also shows what a difference the time between my birthday on 28 March, and Wendy's birthday on 10 April, has made - in spite of the problems I still had with the pleural effusion, I think I'm looking a great deal better 13 days on! 




Yes, I know the Christmas tree is still up! There has been a lot going on over the past three months, and in a funny sort of way, it's rather nice to have its cheerful presence still decorating the room. Just in case anyone is in any doubt that we are actually celebrating Wendy's birthday, Wendy draped a Happy Birthday serviette over one of the branches. 






No comments:

Post a Comment