Monday 14 September 2020

A Tribute To My Mum, Phyllis


A Tribute To My Mum, Phyllis

I was asked by one of the reporters on The Liverpool Echo, to write a tribute to my Mum; I worked on it with Wendy and Al, and this is what I sent off to the newspaper:

My Mum, Phyllis, was loving and patient; a wonderful mum and good friend to so many people.

When Mum and I lived in Dar-es-Salaam, I remember trips to the beach, both of us eagerly searching for unusual shells. She also made all my ballet dresses, sewing the net into classical tutus. She supported me in everything I wanted to do, whether writing, singing or dancing – she was there, with my Grandma, for every show.

To her grand-daughter Wendy, Mum was a dispenser of sweets and treats, not usually available from her parents, a tradition that extended to her great-grandson Al, who has fond memories of circling items in the Argos catalogue - always sure that his dreams would be met! 

My mum always demonstrated kindness, generosity and wisdom; ever there to encourage and support, to offer advice, and to meet challenges with a wonderous tenacity. She had an indomitable spirit, overcoming many hurdles in her life with good humour. She gave us all, the most precious gifts: her love and her time. She will be missed by everyone who knew her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment