Friday 9 June 2017

"I'm Dead." (Or: "There's No Point Getting Up.....")

"I'm Dead."  (Or: "There's No Point Getting Up.....")

Scene:  Mum's Bedroom

Time:  One o'clock in the afternoon


A Carer arrives to get Mum up, after her morning nap.

Carer:
Hello Phyllis!  It's time to get up

Mum
Can't you see I'm dead?

Carer (brightly):
Come on, it's time to get up now

Mum stays quiet.

Carer
Alex is going to come in to help you get up.....

Mum
I'm dead

Alex enters
Come on, Mum, it's time to get up and go to the loo.  Then I'll make your lovely dinner.

Mum, still grumbling, reluctantly sits up, and allows herself to be helped on to the glider.

The Carer wheels Mum to the bathroom.

Alex
There you are, Mum.  Tell us when you're ready and then we'll take you to wash your hands.

Mum  (looking belligerently at Alex and the Carer)
You're going to have a big shock, because I'm dead!


Needless to say, Mum was very much alive for dinner; she ate the lot, and finished off the meal with 3  After Eight mints and a cup of tea.  At least she wasn't going to be dead hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment