Monday 23 September 2024

Perth Airport - Ready For Our Night Flight To Singapore

Perth Airport - Ready For Our Night Flight To Singapore 

Flying back to Singapore from Perth had meant fewer options for flights with Singapore airlines; so that we could maximise the time we had in Perth, Wendy had booked us on a flight leaving at about 1.00 a.m. Although it meant a long wait at the Airport, we thought it would be good to have the chance to enjoy an extra day in Perth, visit Mundaring Weir, look round the Mundaring Weir Hotel, and we were glad it had all gone according to plan.


Sunset at Perth Airport

Nightfall at Perth Airport

Because we had had such a long - although very enjoyable - morning and afternoon at Mundaring Weir, after arriving at the Airport we still had many hours to wait before the Singapore flight departed. With this in mind, after checking in, we thought it would be a good idea to book some time in the "Aspire" Premier airport lounge, where we'd be able to relax, have a cup of tea, and some rather nice refreshments, including things even I like to eat!

Well, it certainly was a good idea, but when we first checked into the lounge, I was so weary, and - (I will admit it!) - quite tetchy; I'd already had enough of waiting for our flight, and there were still hours to go before we could get on board.  Where we first sat down, the air-conditioning was blowing really strongly; I don't like such a cold air blowing on my head, and I said so, quite firmly. We tried a couple of other double booth positions, but it seemed all the vents were on full blast, and I really wasn't in the mood to put up with it. After about four moves of trial and error in different places in the lounge, we finally landed in a position deep into the lounge, at the back, where there were sofas (not just chairs) and tables and, thank goodness, we were out of range of the chill.

Soothed by a gentle piece of wall art behind us, at last I could settle down happily, whilst Wendy went off to get us the complimentary teas, etc. to which we were entitled. Whilst she was choosing the food and something to drink, the hostess who was still on desk duty checking people in and out of the lounge saw Wendy and came over to talk to her. I think she probably thought I was a virago of a mother - (I could almost hear her unspoken words to Wendy: "You poor thing, having to cope with her!") - because she was extremely sympathetic to Wendy, and said reassuringly: "Have a drink on us...!" And she did not mean tea, but something much stronger! Well, we all know what a sweet, diplomatic, patient old dear I am... (DON'T WE?!) but Wendy certainly didn't turn the offer down, and thoroughly enjoyed a complimentary pink gin for all her pains.

In the end, we were both settled, with delicious food: there was soup, and rolls, with extra butter for me; chicken and rice (and I could have everything plain!) - it was very nice indeed, followed by a lovely selection of cakes, and tea. We both had our fill, and then - oh, the bliss - somewhere to curl up and doze on the sofas! AND we also ended up being allowed to stay there for about 4 hours, which I am sure was much longer than usual; but I also think that, apart from me being tetchy, we unwittingly flashed the age card as well, which brought kindness and understanding for the pair of us.

Thank you, Aspire Lounge!


No comments:

Post a Comment